The discourse on women, society, and the law is an inexhaustible source of ideas. Women have been regarded with different lenses over the many, many years. The Women's Legal Education, Advocacy, and Defense Foundation (WomenLEAD), Inc. will soon give
birth to quadruplet monographs. One will be on prostitution; the second, on pornography; third, abortion and; psychological incapacity and annulment,the last. All will focus on women and the various societal perspectives by which they are viewed.
Each monograph will feature on its cover an award-winning photograph waiting to be discovered through this photo contest.
Women In Focus
1. Women, prostitution, and the legal system
2. Feminism and pornography
3. Abortion, religion, and free expression
4. Psychological incapacity, divorce and annulment
1. The contest is open to women photo enthusiasts of all ages and all nationalities, amateur and professional.
2. Entries may come in any size. Colored entries and black and white entries are both allowed.
3. Entries must be submitted as JPEG files. Printed copies are also welcome. Each entry must be titled.
4. Computer illustrations are not allowed. Entries must, at present, be properties of the entrants.
5. There is no maximum number of entry per contestant in each category.
6. Entries may be submitted from March 1, 2005 - March 28, 2005. Entrants may send their entries to email@example.com. Entries in print may be sent to #45 Mapagkumbaba St., Sikatuna Village, Quezon City, Philippines. Entrants will be notified of the receipt of entries.
7. Entrants are requested to submit their full name, residential address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers along with each entry.
8. Winning entrants will be informed by e-mail and will receive a telephone call from WomenLEAD between March 31, 2005 to April 8, 2005. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. In the event that the winning entrant cannot be contacted by e-mail or by telephone by April 8, 2005, WomenLEAD, through its contest judges, reserves the right to choose another winner for the category.
9. There will be four (4) prizes to be awarded. One winner for each of the four categories.
10. The winning entry for each of the four categories will be used as the cover for four (4) WomenLEAD publications on the said categories. Winning entries, hence, become property of WomenLEAD, and may no longer be used by the entrant for other purposes. Non-winning entries remain as the entrants' property. Additional permission will be sought from non-winning entrants, should WomenLEAD wish to use their photographs for purposes other than this contest provides.
11. Entries from WomenLEAD employees and their immediate family are not allowed.
Php 5,000.00 and an opportunity to have your photo on a publication cover
For details, e-mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call (632) 4356823 / 4366738 / 9267893 and look for Ms. Bai Cruz or Ruchell Remolacio.
Womenlead Foundation, Inc. is a feminist legal resource institution committed to advance and protect human rights of women and girl-children. Womenlead is an organization created and led by women. It engages in legal advocacy for women's human rights through legal assistance, strategic case handling, legislative advocacy, research, publications and training and legal education.