Thursday, November 03, 2011
The Dr. Juan Escandor Search for Best Human Rights Teaching in the Municipality of Gubat
First Prize: Samsung N100-MA02 Netbook
Second Prize: Canon Powershot A800 Digital Camera
Third Prize: Nokia C3 Phone
1. The contest is open to all public elementary school teachers regularly employed by the DepEd in the Municipality of Gubat.
2. Entries should be lesson plans designed to be taught within 40 minutes and prepared for any grade level or subject area, except Makabayan and Edukasyon sa Pagpapahalaga. You may choose whatever specific human right you want to feature in your lesson plan. Please refer to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR).
3. The lesson plans will be judged by how well they are able to seamlessly integrate human rights concepts into regular lessons. Please make the lesson plan as detailed as possible (including descriptions of teaching materials you want to use in your execution of the plan).
4. The lesson plans are preferably to be submitted digitally by e-mail to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, but hard copies may also be submitted to the Mayor’s Office. Please include your name, name of school where you are regularly employed, and contact number.
5. The lesson plans will be collectively vetted by a committee. The committee will choose the best seven lesson plans among those submitted. The teachers who submitted the best lesson plans will each be observed to determine how well they execute their respective lesson plans. From the seven finalists, the top three to win the major prizes will be chosen.
6. A teacher is allowed to submit only one entry.
7. Deadline for the submission of entries is November 14, 2011. Teaching demo of the best seven lesson plans is to be scheduled on November 18, 2011. Awarding of prizes will immediately follow at the Monreal Ruins inside the BU Gubat Campus at 3 pm.