Monday, March 15, 2004

Lord of the Rings
BBC reports that The Lord of the Rings is being turned into a West End musical. The net is buzzing with suggestions for possible songs to be included in the musical:

1) ‘I’m gonna wash that orc right out of my hair’ (Legolas)

2) ‘You’re the One Ring that I want’ (Sauron in Act I, then Gollum in Act II, and Frodo, Gollum and Sauron in Act III)

3) ‘People will say we’re in love’ (Frodo/Sam duet, Act II, theme echoed by Gimli and Legolas during Battle of Pelennor Fields)

4) ‘City with the Tree on Top’ (Gandalf’s arrival at Minas Tirith)

5) ‘How do I solve this problem, my dear Grima?’ (Theoden introduction)

6) Gollum’s Act III showstopper, ‘Memorieses’.

7) Frodo to Gollum: 'I don't know how to club him.'

8) Where do we go from here? ( The final parting of the fellowship at the Grey Havens).

No comments: