The EcoWaste Coalition is looking for a part-time staff person who will facilitate and oversee the implementation of the five-month program dubbed as Enhancing Consumer Knowledge and Action towards Chemical Safety or ChemSafe.
The ChemSafe program aims to launch a creative awareness-building efforts on the safe and ecological alternatives and strengthen the awareness of civil society groups towards chemical safety advocacies and appropriate policy development.
1.Organize a national NGO/CSO workshop on "Chemical Safety: Protecting the Filipino Consumers from Toxic Harm".
2.Organize public information, education and communication (IEC) activities on chemical safety issues.
3.Prepare IEC materials and press releases.
4.Liquidate project expenses and prepare necessary reports.
5.Participate in strategic meetings on chemical safety issues and policy development.
* With experience in environmental, health and related work, either as staff or volunteer
* With leadership qualities and "people skills"
*Good oral and written communication skills, including writing of press releases and reports
* With project management skills
* Knowledge of financial management and financial report preparation
* Proven ability to work independently and in close coordination with a team
* Ability and willingness to travel
To apply, please send your resume to Rei Panaligan at ecowastecoalitionATyahooDOTcom not later than 18 November, 2008. For inquiries, please contact the EcoWaste Coalition at 9290376 or 09209062348.