Health Care Without Harm Southeast Asia is committed to transforming the health care sector so that it is ecologically sustainable and no longer a source of harm to the public's health and the environment. To that end, HCWH is working to implement ecologically sound and healthy alternatives to health care practices that pollute the environment and contribute to disease.
Health Care Without Harm is an international coalition of hospitals and health care systems, medical professionals, community groups, health-affected constituencies, labor unions, environmental and environmental health organizations and religious groups that advocates globally eliminating healthcare practices that harm people and the environment.
Health Care Without Harm is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to work as MEDICAL WASTE CAMPAIGNER to assist the organization to counter the threat from medical waste.
The Medical Waste Campaigner will work closely with the different programs of Health Care Without Harm Southeast Asia, and will have primary responsibility to develop and execute plans that will promote key areas of the program such as waste minimization, promotion of appropriate alternative technology and model hospitals.
• Ensure that key stakeholders such as national and local government agencies, as well as other government related agencies and health care facilities, are informed and involved on issues of the campaign.
• Develop and oversee the planning, development and implementation of campaign related policies and programs, more specifically on the issues of health care waste minimization, promotion of alternative appropriate technologies for hospital waste disinfection and the creation of model hospitals.
• Maintain effective relationships with partners in health care waste management.
• In coordination with the Communications and Press Campaigner; design strategic media plans targeting general media, social media and other publications that caters key stakeholders.
• Other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director
• Commitment to the missions of Health Care Without Harm
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good management and leadership skills
• Flexible, adaptable and goal-oriented
• Must possess the ability to think strategically
• Strong organizational skills, has the ability to take initiative and manage campaigns
• Willingness to travel on a regular basis
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Degree in Engineering and Health Sciences preferred.
Please email your resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience will benefit the campaign to Merci Ferrer, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, and cc Joyce Lanuza, Admin Officer, email@example.com with the subject line “Medwaste Campaigner”. Deadline for submission of application is on April 9. Screening and interviews will begin immediately. No calls, please. Shortlisted applicants will be informed via email.
Health Care Without Harm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.