The Ecological Waste Coalition of the Philippines, Inc. (or the Ecowaste Coalition) is seeking a highly motivated and committed team worker to be its NATIONAL COORDINATOR to assist the Coalition in attaining its overall purpose of pursuing ecological solutions towards a Zero Waste goal.
The National Coordinator will play a key role in the ongoing effort to strengthen and expand the Coalition’s membership and reach, and in implementing strategic programs and activities geared at understanding and realizing the Zero Waste goal.
As a convergence of diverse public interest groups working on waste, pollution and other environmental health issues, the National Coordinator is to perform - creatively and patiently – the essential tasks of involving, coordinating and mobilizing the membership in the pursuit of the Coalition’s objectives and priorities.
Knowledge and Critical Skills
· Share EcoWaste’s vision and have track record in environmental advocacy
· Excellent leadership qualities and “people skills”
· Good oral and written communication/media skills
· Good mediation/conflict management skills
· Good management skills
· Computer literate
· Experience in preparing project proposals; preferably has been able to get some proposals approved
· Basic knowledge of financial management and financial report preparation
· Work involves a lot of meetings and consultations, and some traveling to places at risk like dumpsites and pollution-impacted communities.
· More than five years of experience in coalition and organizing work in the environmental and/or sustainable development field
· Knowledge of Zero Waste principles, issues and methods
· Manage the Secretariat and oversee the planning, development and implementation of strategies, policies and programs.
· Facilitate provision of support services to the Steering Committee and Task Forces
· Ensure that the Steering Committee members, Coalition members, partners and volunteers are informed and involved on issues of concern
· Manage the public profile of the Coalition
· Take the lead in generating resources for the Coalition through fund raising and grant seeking activities
· Prepare consolidated reports of Coalition programs and activities
The Coordinator is accountable to the Steering Committee of the Coalition.
For interested applicants, please send your letter of intent and CV to email@example.com before March 31, 2012. No calls, please. Writing samples will be requested from successful candidates later in the process. Screening and interviews will begin immediately in April 2012.