The Maningning Miclat ArtFoundation, Inc. (MMAFI)is calling on young poets writing in Filipino, English and Chinese to participate in the 2007 Maningning Poetry Competition.
The Poetry Contestconsisting of 3 divisions -Filipino, English and Chinese ?is open toall poets, age 28and below. An entry must consist of at least eight (8) but not more than fifteen (15) poems. Authors may join all the divisions but can submit only one (1) entry in every division. All entries should be original in every language and not a translation of another entry.
All entries should be submitted in four(4) copies, double spaced on 81/2 x 11 inches bond paper with one inch margin on all sides and with ARIAL or TIMES NEW ROMAN size 12 font. Entry should be submitted with pen name only. Real name and pen name should be submitted in a separate sealed envelop together with a biodata, copy of birth certificate and a notarized declaration of originality and authenticity of authorship of the entry.
Entries must be addressed to the Maningning Miclat Art Foundation, Inc. (MMAFI), 2nd Floor Mile Long Building, AmorsoloSt., Legaspi Village, Makati City(Tel No. 816-7490to91) not later than 5:00 P.M. of April 17, 2007. Entries sent by mail should be postmarked/invoiced not later than April 3, 2007.
Maningning Miclat was a multiawarded artist, trilingual poet and creative writer, translator and teacher. Her trilingual book of poetry, "Voice from the Underworld" has earned raves not only from English and Filipino readersbutalsofrom Chinese readers.Miclathas been anthologized in Beijing in a bookfeaturingthe World'sTop 39women poets writing in Chinese, which included her.
The Maningning Miclat Award has been launchedto honor her short but meaningful life and to encourage, recognize and nurture young talentslike her. Every year since 2003, MMAFI has been awarding outstanding poets during odd numbered years and winning painters during even numbered years. This year's grandwinnerswill receive PhP28, 000.00 cash award for eachof the 3 categories, copies of collector's edition of"Voice from the Underworld" and"Beauty for Ashes : Remembering Maningning"as well as the Miclat family journal, Beyond the Great Walland trophiesby theeminent sculptor, Julie Lluch. Log on to www.maningning.comand email firstname.lastname@example.org formore information.
2007MANINGNING MICLAT POETRY AWARD
RULES OF THE CONTEST
1. The contest is open to all poets of all nationalities, age 28and below.
2. There are three divisions in the awards: (a) Filipino (b) English (c) Chinese.
3. An entry must consist of at least eight (8) but not more than fifteen (15) poems.
4. Authors may join all the divisions but can submit only one (1) entry in every division.
5. All entries should be original in every language and not a translation of another entry.
6. A work which has been awarded a prize in another contest is not qualified for the awards.
7. Published or unpublished works may be entered in the contest.If published, the date of publication should be within 2006-2007.
8. All entries should be submitted in four (4) copies, double spaced on 8 ?x 11 inches bond paper with one inch margin on all sides and the page number typed consecutively, e.g.,1 of 10, 2 of 10,and so on.Font should be ARIAL or TIMES NEW ROMAN, and the font size should be 12.Entry should be submitted with pen name only and not real name.
Real name and pen name should be submitted in a separate sealed envelope together with a biodata, copy of birth certificate and a notarized declaration of originality and authenticity of authorship of the entry.
9. Entries must be addressed to the Maningning Miclat Art Foundation, Inc. (MMAFI) , 2/F, Mile long Building, Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City not later than April 17, 2007.Entries sent by mail or courier should be postmarked/invoiced not later than April 2, 2007.
10. Entries submitted via e-mail should be an RTF (Ritch Text Format) or a Word Document file and should be sent as an attachment together with the author's biodata and copy of birth certificate and notarized certification of originality or authenticity of authorship of entry.The original copy of the notarized certification should then be sent to MMAFI thru mail.Entries submitted via e-mail should be transmitted not later than April 17, 2007.
11. Submitted copies of winning entries shall remain with and become the property of MMAFI. Copyright of the works remains with the author but the latter grants, assigns and transfers into MMAFI the right without necessity of any payment other than the prize which may have been awarded to publish any winning entry or selection or portion thereof as it may at its discretion determine; to make the work available for downloading on the Internet or other electronic medium; and /or to allow students to make copies for research or in connection with their school requirements.
12. Plagiarism is anathema to the contest and MMAFI has the right of action against the author, if it may be later on discovered that said person is not the creator or owner of the copyright to the winning work. The foundation shall not be liable to any court action if a third party files a case against the winner who plagiarized the work of the said third party.
13. There will only be one Grand Prize winner for each division and the prize is P 28,000.00 and a trophy per winning entry.
14. The Board of Judges shall have the discretion not to award any prize if in its judgment, no meritorious entry had been submitted.
15. MMAFI has the sole right to designate the persons who shall constitute the Board of Judges in each division of the contest.The decision of the majority of the Board of Judges in all divisions shall be final.
16. The names of the winners and the members of the Board of Judges shall be announced on September 29, 2007.